Terms & Conditions
The Charitable Fundraising Act 1991 states that a person or organisation conducting or participating in a fundraising event on behalf of a charity must be authorised, in writing, to do so by that charity.
The Authority to Fundraise on our behalf is conditional that the requirements of the Authorisation are met, together with the provisions contained within the Office of Charities Best Practice Guidelines for Charitable Organisations. Therefore, you are entitled to acknowledge that proceeds of your event will be donated to the Royal Hospital for Women Foundation.
The Foundation requires that:
- When mentioning the Royal Hospital for Women or Foundation in correspondence, advertising, publicity or literature for the event, the copy and or design must be approved by, and signed off by, the Foundation before submission to print / broadcast, or production.
- The name and/or logo of Royal Hospital for Women Foundation not be used to damage the Foundation’s reputation.
- Within a month of the completion of your event, funds raised must be forwarded to us. This needs to be accompanied by all relevant paperwork pertaining to your fundraising.
- In accordance with the Act, all expenses will be minimal and therefore will fall well inside the legislative requirements of expenses not being more than 40% of gross income.
- The event must not use any funds from auctions, raffles or donations to offset the operational, marketing or related costs of the event. Sponsorship funds where the sponsor is aware of how their funds are to be spent is permissible.
- The organising committee and individuals should cover all expenses incurred in the planning and implementation of the event. Unless specific authorisation is given prior, The Foundation will not accept invoices relating to expenses resulting from the event but will be happy to discuss and advise the organisation of the management of such expenses.
- The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation must be advised in advance if you purchase any prizes or distribute tickets free of charge.
- Unless specifically requested and organised, you will be responsible for obtaining public liability insurance for your event. The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation does not carry liability insurance on behalf of our fundraisers.
The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation has always and will always respect the privacy of all individuals, companies and community organisations who donate money, goods and/or time to us for the benefit of the Royal Hospital for Women. Personal information gathered through donations or purchases at an event is entered into a secure database for receipting purposes, and is not given to any other charity or business.
Thank you again for your continued generous support.
The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation Limited (ABN 79 276 416 465) (the Foundation) values your privacy.
By agreeing to this you are agreeing to fundraise for The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation in accordance to the The Charitable Fundraising Act 1991