WHAT IS WORKPLACE GIVING?
Workplace Giving is a joint relationship between employers, employees and charities. Individuals contribute a small portion of their pre-tax salary to charity and receive the tax benefit straight away rather than waiting until the end of financial year.
You are able to regularly donate to The Royal Hospital for Women Foundation directly from your pre-tax pay employer’s automated payroll system. This only takes a little amount of time to setup and can make a huge difference to the lives of women and babies.
BENEFITS OF WORKPLACE GIVING
- You can give as much or as little as you like
- Giving from pre-tax income means donations cost you less, your taxable income is reduced and we receive the full benefit of the donation.
- Donations are tax deductible and you do not have to collect, keep or claim receipts
If your organisation doesn’t have a workplace giving program you can get in touch with your HR department to start one or alternatively make a regular donation through our website
SETUP WORKPLACE GIVING
1. TALK TO YOUR HR DEPARTMENT
Ask your HR or payroll department if you can take part in their workplace giving program and allocate your charitable donation to The Royal.
2. NOMINATE AMOUNT AND CONFIRM WITH HR
Select the amount you wish to donate each pay and confirm this with your HR. A number of workplaces match each donation so be sure to check with them if they can match your chosen amount.
3. START MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Your employee will then contact us to confirm the donations and commencement date.